Click here if you
need magnetic signs for vans

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company or
video producers in Milton Keynes

Geoff Fowler - Artist

Privacy Policy

Author Topic: variations of cards  (Read 3049 times)

cyprusbob

variations of cards
« on: April 28, 2015, 12:05:14 PM »
can anyone help me, on a book/booklet about variations on cigarette cards i:e editor , publisher , heading. or better still where I can get hold of one. thaks 

Cedric1812

• Birds, Early USA, Pokemon, UK Tobacco advertising
Re: variations of cards
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 01:37:35 PM »
The only specific one that springs to my mind is W Bryce Neilson's (1986) 'Errors & Varieties: British Cigarette Cards'. I think the CSGB has a copy for loan in the library if you're a member. Failing that just let me know which series you're interested in and I'll photograph the relevant page if that helps?
Always interested in buying rare bird cards and general reference material (books, magazines etc.)

cyprusbob

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 07:09:03 PM »
thanks for that. I don't know whats in the book but any wills players cards would be good.
bob

Cedric1812

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 08:24:07 PM »
Hi Bob,

It's out of print so will be tough to find. I spoke to Bryce this evening though and he's got no problem with me photocopying the Wills and Players pages if that suits you? If you PM me your address I'll get them to you.

Cheers,
Sam
Always interested in buying rare bird cards and general reference material (books, magazines etc.)

cyprusbob

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 06:57:19 AM »
i
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 06:23:58 AM by cyprusbob »

Cedric1812

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2015, 11:38:55 AM »
Copied the relevant sections this morning and I will get them in the post next week for you. Enjoy!

cyprusbob

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2015, 02:02:30 PM »
hi sam
do you have a pay-pal account? so that I can send you the postage cost's as you are doing me a favour I wouldn't like you to be out of pocket. if you do would you let me have your e-mail so I can transfer the postage.
bob

Cedric1812

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2015, 03:06:35 PM »
No not a problem mate don't worry it's only an A4 envelope - I've been away most of the last fortnight with work though so haven't managed to get it into the post but will get it to you asap :) It's on my desk ready to go.

cyprusbob

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2015, 04:51:37 PM »
sam
if you ever come across one of the books keep me in mind please.
bob

Penno55

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2015, 10:50:22 AM »
With Cyprusbob and Mariner Tony we can almost start our own club with me being located in Grimsby - but I was born in Cleethorpes and lived there a long time so I do qualify. 

Penno55

Cedric1812

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2015, 02:16:29 PM »
You should try the Lincolnshire Branch meetings if you havent already. They aren't too far away (they could be closer though I will grant you!). They meet at Merriman's in Wyberton Fen near Boston, PE21 7PB. Next meeting is June 6th.

Mariner tony

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2015, 04:28:16 PM »
Penno. We have a couple of other local collectors who I'm aware of, who, for some bizarre reason, do not contribute to our happy band of forumees!

Penno55

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2015, 07:08:00 PM »
Thanks Mariner and Cedrick

I have been attending Boston since since it first opened. The history was that a nice old chap called Ted Aistrup was attending theHumberside Club in Cleethorpes and the Thetford Club. Thetford closed and moved to Diss so Ted asked myself and a core of other collectors attending the aforementioned meetings to support a new club in Boston. That we did and the rest is history but time moves on and Ted died several years ago.

Penno55

Who's online

31 Guests, 0 Users