December 12, 2017, 02:58:18 AM

Click here if you
need magnetic signs for vans

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company or
video producers in Milton Keynes

Geoff Fowler - Artist

Author Topic: Barrett Cricket team folders  (Read 1149 times)

shaker

• Anything Bury - (but not programmes!)
Barrett Cricket team folders
« on: October 19, 2016, 02:50:48 PM »
Could any of you good folks from the cricket fraternity, help me out with any information on the above, please?  What kind of prices do these things fetch and are there any particularly rare/sought after ones?
Much obliged.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 03:03:07 PM by shaker »
UtS!

wandererpaul

• Brentford FC Memorabilia
Re: Barrett Cricket team folders
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 03:35:10 PM »
The team folders are nice items but rarely get above £10 on eBay.

The player folders - in pairs - from 1932 can fetch good prices, depends on condition and who is depicted.

Just check eBay sold items.
Not Forgotten; W.Allwright,H.Gould,J.Greechan,P.Hagan,G.Kennedy,G.Littler,H.Purver,H.Robotham,P.Saunders,R.Shields,A.Walker

shaker

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 04:24:10 PM »
Thank you. Had not known about being able to do this, so have just looked up how to do it. It will be useful for future reference too.
UtS!

Steve F

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 12:21:55 AM »
About 15 to 20 UK Pounds is about correct however there are some that appear to be much harder to find than others and these would attract a premium that may rise above this estimate...

Astill/Barnett, Farnes/Paine, Freeman/Elliott, Harboard/Holmes, Hollies/Farrimond and Paynter/Ames seem to be the hardest six of the 32 to collect

Hope this helps...

shaker

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 07:48:51 PM »
Cheers for the above. Enjoy my cricket but purely a football man now (used to be racing as well) when it comes to cards.  Have acquired a few over the years and wondered about them, but sadly the team ones rather than the players!
UtS!

Steve F

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2016, 03:43:18 AM »
My bad... didn't read the title of your thread properly?

20 Cricket Team Folders in the issue from 1932/33 with #6 Lancashire, #12 Leicestershire & #13 Gloucestershire still outstanding on my Wants List, so I presume they may be more difficult to find than the others, though this may just be a timing thing of me looking for them!

Couple of full sets over the past five years have gone over 150 UK Pnds, and though they don't turn up that often, 10 - 20 UK Pnds for cards in VG+ Condition generally gets them...

shaker

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2016, 02:44:30 PM »
Thanks again.
I'm having a bit of a tidy (long overdue) and came across some I acquired a goodly while ago.  I have 14, but was unaware of how many were in the set - at the time there would have been 17 counties, I would have thought, but there are also national teams.  They are in very decent condition, apart from 12 of them having a small ink signature in the top right on the front, which is a great shame, especially as included amongst these are Leicestershire and Glamorgan.  Ironically I don't have my county, Lancashire!
UtS!

exdrummer

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2016, 06:31:18 PM »
I still need number 1 Yorkshire, 5 Surrey, 7 Somerset & 20 West Indies. I don't see many of this set, nor indeed the players coming up very often.

wandererpaul

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2016, 06:43:14 PM »
Thanks again.
I'm having a bit of a tidy (long overdue) and came across some I acquired a goodly while ago.  I have 14, but was unaware of how many were in the set - at the time there would have been 17 counties, I would have thought, but there are also national teams.  They are in very decent condition, apart from 12 of them having a small ink signature in the top right on the front, which is a great shame, especially as included amongst these are Leicestershire and Glamorgan.  Ironically I don't have my county, Lancashire!

The three other team folders are : MCC, West Indies and All India.
Not Forgotten; W.Allwright,H.Gould,J.Greechan,P.Hagan,G.Kennedy,G.Littler,H.Purver,H.Robotham,P.Saunders,R.Shields,A.Walker

wandererpaul

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2016, 06:46:13 PM »
I still need number 1 Yorkshire, 5 Surrey, 7 Somerset & 20 West Indies. I don't see many of this set, nor indeed the players coming up very often.

There was a job lot on eBay recently that went quite cheaply, including two of the ones you needed. It's finding cards/folders in good condition which is difficult.

shaker

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2016, 09:22:43 PM »

Again, have got three of those in decent condition (not the Somerset one), but sadly they have the small ink signature on the front.
UtS!

shaker

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2016, 09:25:25 PM »

Ok, cheers. Interesting.  I wonder why those three and not say Australia?
UtS!

wandererpaul

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2016, 01:48:05 PM »

Ok, cheers. Interesting.  I wonder why those three and not say Australia?

India toured England in 1932 and West Indies toured England in 1933.

England went to Australia in 1932/33 for The Ashes.

Probably dates that set perfectly. 1932/33. :)

shaker

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2016, 02:00:48 PM »
 :)
UtS!

shaker

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2017, 02:53:49 PM »
Over one year on and Iíve finally listed them on eBay!
Hope nobody minds me mentioning, but maybe somebody might be interested. :)
UtS!

Who's online

15 Guests, 0 Users