December 13, 2017, 08:53:24 PM

Click here if you
need magnetic signs for vans

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company or
video producers in Milton Keynes

Geoff Fowler - Artist

Author Topic: Transimage Football 79-80  (Read 458 times)

DouglasLane

Transimage Football 79-80
« on: May 21, 2017, 04:38:41 PM »
I have just managed to obtain a number of cards from the Transimage 79-80 series and notice that some cards have the players details on the back i.e. League Debut, Previous Clubs, Born Ht & Wt. Other cards just have the players name & club.
Does anyone know if there is a "system" to the backs of the cards or is it just some cards have the details given and others not.
Any further information on this set would be appreciated.

wandererpaul

• Brentford FC Memorabilia
Re: Transimage Football 79-80
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 06:17:53 PM »
Here's a little info from Nigel's excellent website.

http://cards.littleoak.com.au/index_transimage.html
Not Forgotten; W.Allwright,H.Gould,J.Greechan,P.Hagan,G.Kennedy,G.Littler,H.Purver,H.Robotham,P.Saunders,R.Shields,A.Walker

DouglasLane

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 07:50:28 PM »
Wandererpaul, - Thanks for the information and what seems a really useful Website. I did not realise the Company only produced one set (with no Brentford FC included !)

wandererpaul

• Brentford FC Memorabilia
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 08:54:04 PM »
There is one brentford sticker in the trans image set. Steve Phillips - Brentford FC.
Not Forgotten; W.Allwright,H.Gould,J.Greechan,P.Hagan,G.Kennedy,G.Littler,H.Purver,H.Robotham,P.Saunders,R.Shields,A.Walker

DouglasLane

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 10:09:17 PM »
Wandererpaul- Yes I missed that one, the set is certainly random in its choice of players/teams, thanks again for the information

Alan

• Football Cartophilic Info Exchange
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 02:06:55 PM »
I haven't got around to including this collection on my blog but I'll add it later today.

I'll add a link here when it's live.

https://cartophilic-info-exch.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/transimage-zb9-80-football-79-80.html

There were two different versions of the backs and most stickers also appeared as two different pairs.
I am 99.9% certain that my list of pairs is complete.
That list will appear along with the checklist.

Alan
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 07:04:03 PM by Alan »

DouglasLane

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2017, 09:06:57 PM »

Alan, - Thank you for the link, really interesting website  and think I will concentrate on single cards rather than get them as doubles. Also seems to confirm that there are 2 types of backs.

Mariner tony

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2017, 06:26:38 PM »
I have the set as it was issued with two cards to view. The exception being the action shots and team photos. I managed to purchase a full unopened box of stickers several years ago. The stickers which do not have details on the back, other than name and club, are the players associated with Scottish clubs. I have no idea why this is.

DouglasLane

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2017, 06:36:56 PM »
Tony,- Thank you for the confirmation, its probably just something that happened at the time of issue, bit of shame as when the information is given on a player it is quite informative.

Who's online

17 Guests, 1 User
shaker