July 27, 2017, 03:36:38 PM

Click here if you
need magnetic signs for vans

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company or
video producers in Milton Keynes

Geoff Fowler - Artist

Author Topic: PANINI WORLD CUP CARDS 1970  (Read 290 times)

magpiemick

• newcastle united related stuff
PANINI WORLD CUP CARDS 1970
« on: June 30, 2017, 08:44:59 PM »
Been a while since i have been here illness and other things withstanding but good to post again even though i have been reading posts
Had a change of tact collecting wise and realized my first love in collecting was football cards/stickers from my generation 70,s 80s And felt specializing in the one  area the manufacturer Churchmans left me in a one way street This along with my view that the bottom has gone out of the cigarette card market of late looking at prices realized and how things are selling in general  And as with collections i want ed it to be of some value to my children when i pass on so hence change to Panini related stuff and 70s rare football stuff Anyways to get to the gist of the matter i,m sure Alan may know i have seen a thread somewhere which i cant find again which lists the cards from Panini 70 Mexico Wold Cup cards which ones are the harder to get and variations i am aware of the sticker value in that set and of prices  but just wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction I still go to fairs and if anyone i have met before is at Reading on Sunday it would be nice to say hello again
Mick

MansfieldTerrier

• Looking for Huddersfield Town stuff
    • Huddersfield Town Cards & Stickers
Re: PANINI WORLD CUP CARDS 1970
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 09:40:31 PM »
I have just the one card, Mick, and it's Gerson of Brazil.
Cost me a couple of quid on eBay a couple of months ago.
I bought it simply because I wanted one; I suspect a set would cost you an arm and a leg.

MT ;)

Jediknight

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 09:54:27 PM »

IanSammel

• German cards
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2017, 08:55:15 AM »
Been a while since i have been here illness and other things withstanding but good to post again even though i have been reading posts
It's good to hear from you Mick.  I hope that all's well now.
I guess we all have fond memories from the things of our childhood.  In my case it is bubble gum cards.  After that I suppose most people will collect Panini stickers.  I wish you luck finding a few bargains and I'm sure that whatever you collect you'll enjoy it.
I come from somewhere long ago...
and now there's no way back
Be Bop Deluxe

magpiemick

• newcastle united related stuff
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2017, 09:17:44 AM »
Thanks for info i knew i has seen it somewhere Nostalgia is a great thing i was too young to appreciate 66 but 1970 was a landmark in football terms watching international teams for the first time Pele Jarziniho and for some reason Teofila Cubilas and the Peru team always stuck in my mind everyone likes and underdog but they played some great stuff Guess thats why i took to Nobby Solano at Newcastle so much
Just think its an iconic set bordering both genres of cards and stickers and the first international marketed issues for football world wide

up the cherries!

• Up the cherries!
  • Modern trade, Real Photographic, BAT
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2017, 04:23:51 PM »
Hi Mick, nice to see you back.
I am pretty sure that a loose full set of cards sold at auction last year for well in excess of 2000, so will not be an easy set to get. I only have three cards myself, and to be honest do not remember seeing these in shops in 1970 ( I have read somewhere that they were only available in certain parts of the country - perhaps somebody can verify this? ). I do have a full set of the FKS Mexico 1970 cards, in an album, and a lot of loose cards that I aim to complete a loose set with. Anyhow, good luck on the collecting front, and good luck for the coming season! 

bri.d

• britians .diecast. cigarette & brooke bond cards
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2017, 11:29:09 AM »
the 4 red/ blue backs .i think are  felix. clododaldo. paulo cesar.does anyone no the fourth
always looking for unlisted. brooke bond cards. albums. order forms.herald/britians farm/zoo animals.plastic/pvc. 1960s-70s

"Quality Is Remembered, Long After The Price Is Forgotten"

wandererpaul

• Brentford FC Memorabilia
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2017, 11:55:23 AM »
Alan's website has a checklist. It doesn't specify backs and which cards had which.

https://cartophilic-info-exch.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/panini-zb9-81-2-mexico-70.html
Not Forgotten; W.Allwright,H.Gould,J.Greechan,P.Hagan,G.Kennedy,G.Littler,H.Purver,H.Robotham,P.Saunders,R.Shields,A.Walker

wandererpaul

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2017, 11:59:08 AM »
Not Forgotten; W.Allwright,H.Gould,J.Greechan,P.Hagan,G.Kennedy,G.Littler,H.Purver,H.Robotham,P.Saunders,R.Shields,A.Walker

wandererpaul

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2017, 12:08:59 PM »

madmike

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2017, 04:57:13 PM »
I collected this set when it was in the shops (unfortunately I stuck all the stickers/cards in). I don't remember any of the cards being scarce when I collected them, but my memory might be a bit off. I know that LCCC had them in stock at one point, so maybe some of the cards, but not all of them were remaindered and the scarce ones were not remaindered, but that's just a theory. I always remember missing out on an unused set of these corner mounted in the album which went for around 30 in an auction (before the set rocketed in value). I didn't bid any higher as I had my own set, albeit stuck in. Probably my worst ever collecting decision!

Who's online

10 Guests, 1 User
Cedric1812