September 20, 2017, 03:32:22 PM

Click here if you
need magnetic signs for vans

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company or
video producers in Milton Keynes

Geoff Fowler - Artist

Author Topic: Million+ Views For "100 Year Old Life Hacks That Still Work" Video  (Read 299 times)

card renaissance

Who'd have thought that Gallaher's "How To Do It" card set would be such an internet sensation :) I'm not sure if there are any sports cards in the set. As the video says, "sometimes it's fun to dig around as you don't know what you might find".

! No longer available
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 08:14:59 AM by card renaissance »

IanSammel

• German cards
Re: Million+ Views For "100 Year Old Life Hacks That Still Work" Video
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 09:02:09 AM »
I once spilt some ink on a carpet and tried to get it out with milk.  Putting the carpet in a bowl wasn't really practical and I just ended up with a carpet stained with ink and milk.  I eventually removed the stains with some biological washing powder.  Only problem then was that the bit I washed was cleaner than the rest of the carpet and stuck out like a sore thumb anyway.  Modern ink is probably made from completely different stuff to "Quink" and modern milk is usually heat treated to make it keep longer which messes up all the fat in it so I wonder how effective that tip is now.

I find you can remove stubborn nails by heating them up with a blow torch.  They char the wood and make the hole bigger so you can pull the nail out much more easily.  The nails in my barn are so old and rusty that trying to lever them out as suggested just pulls the head off.
I come from somewhere long ago...
and now there's no way back
Be Bop Deluxe

card renaissance

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 09:26:24 AM »
I find you can remove stubborn nails by heating them up with a blow torch.  They char the wood and make the hole bigger so you can pull the nail out much more easily.  The nails in my barn are so old and rusty that trying to lever them out as suggested just pulls the head off.
I'm amazed that video got so many views for that subject. I'll have to look for my Wills' Household Hints again :)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 10:32:34 PM by card renaissance »

IanSammel

• German cards
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 08:53:01 AM »
I'm amazed that video got so many views for that subject. I'll have to look for my Wills' Household Hints again :)
It's certainly a lot of views.  Now's your chance, but don't bury your cards in the garden.  Actually the cards in that video looked very shiny.  I couldn't work out whether he had covered them in plastic or whether they were some sort of reproduction.
I come from somewhere long ago...
and now there's no way back
Be Bop Deluxe

card renaissance

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 01:49:40 PM »
It's certainly a lot of views.  Now's your chance, but don't bury your cards in the garden.  Actually the cards in that video looked very shiny.  I couldn't work out whether he had covered them in plastic or whether they were some sort of reproduction.

Yeah, I wouldn't risk that :D You're right, the cards were in little bags and also, there was a jump shot and so the cards in the bag on the ground might not have been the actual cigarette cards.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 02:39:56 PM by card renaissance »

Who's online

28 Guests, 1 User
card renaissance