August 21, 2017, 06:49:23 PM

Click here if you
need magnetic signs for vans

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company or
video producers in Milton Keynes

Geoff Fowler - Artist

Author Topic: Collection to be valued  (Read 198 times)

Zappa

Collection to be valued
« on: August 01, 2017, 11:58:42 AM »
Hi everyone,
I sadly need to have my collection valued for divorce purposes - Does anyone know of anyone that can provide that service within the Kent area?
Many thanks

Mariner tony

Re: Collection to be valued
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 04:47:01 PM »
Hi Zappa. Sorry to hear of the curcumstances here. Sadly I do not know of anyone in your area to help. BUT be very careful when asking for valuations. You only find the true value of an item when you sell it, and if 'on line auctions' are to be a yardstick for valuation - and cig cards are your thing - your collection ain't worth half what you hope! There are more caveats to the above comments than I can detail, scarcity for example, but as a rule of thumb, online prices are bumping along the bottom!
I'm not a lawyer Zappa, but perhaps depressed prices are a good thing (in the cold light of day, in your interests.) Whatever you do, don't have it overvalued tomorrow and regret it in time to come.

IanSammel

• German cards
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 09:48:01 PM »
Sorry to hear of your problems.  I hope it all works out OK in the long run.

As MT said, it's difficult to find the true value of a collection.  When it comes down to it, the collection is worth what someone is prepared to pay for it.  The CSGB has a branch which meets regularly in Orpington so maybe that would be a good point to start.  You'll find details on the CSGB website if it hasn't been completely taken over by Russian hackers in the meantime.  There are dealers there who might be able to give you a price. 
I come from somewhere long ago...
and now there's no way back
Be Bop Deluxe

exdrummer

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 10:41:30 PM »
Hi Zappa, sorry to hear of your troubles. I can only agree with the previous replies. Orpington is a good suggestion, or perhaps look at the prices achieved on eBay.

Zappa

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 11:29:19 PM »
Many thanks to everyone. I actually found a number today for the Orpington club and will try to find someone that can provide a valuation. Yes I agree prices are very difficult to assess as I sell things on eBay myself and things can go wildly in one direction.... or the other! I guess the best I can get for valuation purposes is what a dealer would pay as opposed to the irregularity of ebay.
Again many thanks for the advise and comments.
Z

Ogdenscards

• Collects all cards issued by Ogden's
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2017, 09:55:21 AM »
Did you not have them stored in the garage that flooded and lost the lot
Always looking for interesting cards and associated goods issued by Ogden's you can see samples of cards I am looking for in the wants section.
Best Regards David

Who's online

19 Guests, 0 Users