October 22, 2017, 12:13:32 AM

Click here if you
need magnetic signs for vans

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company or
video producers in Milton Keynes

Geoff Fowler - Artist

Author Topic: Doctor Who Cooking TV Program?  (Read 158 times)

card renaissance

Doctor Who Cooking TV Program?
« on: September 26, 2017, 03:56:42 PM »
I entertained the idea of fusing together history and cooking on some YouTube videos I did a while back. A few years later a television company asked me whether they could borrow my Co-op Cooking Recipe cards (circa 1923) that I'd shown in my series of videos.

I wasn't even sure whether they were going to include them in the final cut but it was fun seeing my cards when the series finally came out: "Further Back In Time For Dinner".

What amused me most was that out of all the card subjects I've featured on my YouTube videos over the years, they picked one of the most underrated ones. I guess it's a classic case of the unusual trumping the popular.

! No longer available
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 01:47:45 PM by card renaissance »

IanSammel

• German cards
Re: Was Doctor Who A Master Chef?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 05:34:52 PM »
I guess Ena was a forerunner of Mary Baker (is she still around?).  Giving you a recipe to play with goes a step further than all those cards which just gave you a picture of Liebig's extract, Huntley and Palmers' biscuits etc.  I like these obscure sets.  They may not be as valuable as Taddy's Clowns but they are much more interesting.  I have a set somewhere about how to build a radio.  I wonder whether it works.
I come from somewhere long ago...
and now there's no way back
Be Bop Deluxe

card renaissance

Re: Was Doctor Who A Master Chef?
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 06:36:42 PM »
I guess Ena was a forerunner of Mary Baker (is she still around?)....

Yeah, I just like them because they're a bit different from the norm. I don't think I'm going to don my chef hat and try them out anytime soon :D It would be cool to see someone try to build one of those old radios as per the cards.

Who's online

9 Guests, 0 Users