November 17, 2017, 05:39:00 PM

Click here if you
need magnetic signs for vans

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company or
video producers in Milton Keynes

Geoff Fowler - Artist

Author Topic: Match Attax 17/18 - thoughts?  (Read 297 times)

Cedric1812

• Birds (pre-1970), ATC, Boer War & 19thC American
Match Attax 17/18 - thoughts?
« on: October 18, 2017, 07:56:36 AM »
I appreciate this topic has been raised before but it looks as though the latest Match Attax set is bigger than ever with about 500 cards to collect (I'm sure Alan will keep me honest here!). I know previous years have had 4 '100 Club' cards but there are about 10 in this set and I just wondered how people felt about it?

I am going at it for the Huddersfield Town cards and have about finished the base set and Man of Match cards etc but there are special kit cards, cards you can only get in Tesco, the usual Limited Editions in various collector tins/MOTD magazine.

Is it just me or is it just a little too big? I can't even fit them all into a single 360 pocket Ultrapro Pro binder!
Always interested in buying rare bird cards

bri.d

• britians .diecast. cigarette & brooke bond cards
Re: Match Attax 17/18 - thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 03:33:33 PM »
 has anyone been lucky and got the platinum limited edition. not seen one on ebay sure to have an hefty price tag when one turns up
always looking for unlisted. brooke bond cards. albums. order forms. canadian dinosaur reprints. spyfile cards

Alan

• Football Cartophilic Info Exchange
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 08:30:11 PM »
According to the Topps website four have been found but only one has a location and that one is in Australia. So there's still 196 out there somewhere, with 140 of them in the UK.

bri.d

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 02:32:54 PM »
 thanks alan took a while to find the right  website .you never know your luck sam According to Topps website there are at least 8 in yorkshire and 7 in lancashire
always looking for unlisted. brooke bond cards. albums. order forms. canadian dinosaur reprints. spyfile cards

GuineaGoldjr

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2017, 08:20:59 PM »
To be honest Cedric I've collected every series so far but have now called it a day.The sets are too large,they seem to have few new ideas each year and I don't think the resale value will amount to anything even if I keep them for 100 years!

bri.d

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2017, 09:28:22 AM »
i agree paul topps are making a mockery out of it. i also have collected match attax from 2006 and stopped in 2012/13. like i have said before to get any sort of return you need all the extras and limited editons. a cheap and easy way to get the limited editon out of the boxes of 50pkt . turn the pkts over you will see a thick colored band down the side look for the one with the thin band this has the limited edition :)

john55

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2017, 08:24:23 PM »
I tried collecting these cards for the last two years,being fairly new to collecting,never managed to get them all so this year i decided not to buy a single packet.( i know if i buy one i will start trying to get them all.)

MansfieldTerrier

• Looking for Huddersfield Town stuff
    • Huddersfield Town Cards & Stickers
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2017, 10:30:45 PM »
I bought two packets; one to keep unopened, the other just for some examples.
I've also collected ALL of the Huddersfield Town cards and even went online and played the damned game so that I could win a PRO11 card of Laurent Depoitre - which I duly did!

:)

bri.d

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2017, 03:32:19 PM »
wish i had not read this topic now. i have never played the game before. signed up this morning now addicted ::) mt what are them xp and star things for

bri.d

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2017, 05:22:43 PM »
didn't think it would be long before one of the platinum limited editions turn up on ebay. jenerous only 1000

Cedric1812

• Birds (pre-1970), ATC, Boer War & 19thC American
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2017, 08:07:38 AM »
It's interesting to see examples from previous sets for sale on eBay at a fraction of that. Sadly though on many of them the corners are a mess. I suspect that only if a serious collector pulls one of those from a pack will it stay in nice clean condition. I think if I was 8 or 9 and got one I'd have taken it into school to show off to my friends so it'd get some knocks!
Always interested in buying rare bird cards

MansfieldTerrier

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2017, 10:41:30 PM »
wish i had not read this topic now. i have never played the game before. signed up this morning now addicted ::) mt what are them xp and star things for
Don't know what you mean, Bri.
Can you post an example picture or screenshot?

bri.d

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2017, 09:17:06 AM »
when you log out it says xp 1143.underneath a circle/star 2915 i think there points. but what are the points for  :-\

MansfieldTerrier

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2017, 02:10:10 PM »
Ah, I've never logged-out!
XP has to be experience ... And I suppose that the other number is the points that you have accumulated.
If you check your stats on the main screen you are told what level and how many points you are at.
If you've done well enough, you'll know by Monday morning as to whether or not you've won a card.

bri.d

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2017, 03:36:54 PM »
thanks mt think i have got it now

Who's online

30 Guests, 0 Users