November 17, 2017, 05:39:39 PM

Click here if you
need magnetic signs for vans

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company or
video producers in Milton Keynes

Geoff Fowler - Artist

Author Topic: Hand coloured Guinea Golds Military  (Read 72 times)

Penno55

Hand coloured Guinea Golds Military
« on: November 05, 2017, 10:22:48 AM »
Is anyone aware of hand coloured Guinea Golds large size of Military subjects. I've checked as best as I can on some recent cards I acquired and the colouring looks as though is was applied before the top surface but I am not sure...any thoughts

Ogdenscards

• Collects all cards issued by Ogden's
Re: Hand coloured Guinea Golds Military
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 10:38:05 AM »
Not posted for a while, but this is my subject. Yes there are many coloured Guinea Golds both small and large, the exact number is not known as more are being found and added to the list.

There are however many cards that have been coloured by artistic enthusiasts, these can often be noticed as the colouring riders on top of the cards.

In Large cards usually base B, or D, but some Base M's have been seen.

Small cards are usually number cards in base D or E but this is not exclusive I have many examples of other printings but are not repeated finds.

I use the expression repeated finds as this suggests that the cards were intentionally produced.

You also find different colour variants for each card, for example on one card a yellow dress the next a green dress, this could be simply the paint brush picked up as they were each done by hand using a template.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 10:51:45 AM by Ogdenscards »
Always looking for interesting cards and associated goods issued by Ogden's you can see samples of cards I am looking for in the wants section.
Best Regards David

Ogdenscards

• Collects all cards issued by Ogden's
Re: Hand coloured Guinea Golds Military
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 10:41:05 AM »
Just to be specific the military cards are the Boar War series of cards Base' D', not all cards in this series have been seen thus far but likely all will turn up. The more registered and seen the better the conclusion can be ascertained as there are no records.
Always looking for interesting cards and associated goods issued by Ogden's you can see samples of cards I am looking for in the wants section.
Best Regards David

Who's online

30 Guests, 0 Users