December 12, 2017, 02:57:47 AM

Click here if you
need magnetic signs for vans

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company or
video producers in Milton Keynes

Geoff Fowler - Artist

Author Topic: OGDENS - I was out bid  (Read 174 times)

Ogdenscards

• Collects all cards issued by Ogden's
OGDENS - I was out bid
« on: November 17, 2017, 03:19:47 PM »
Tried to purchased these recently but went beyond my budget, would like to find out who bought them. There are 3 known different ones known I have one and these are the other two.

They are paper packets or envelopes that the Guinea Gold cigarettes were sold in before 1902 and likely before 1900.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 03:21:54 PM by Ogdenscards »
Always looking for interesting cards and associated goods issued by Ogden's you can see samples of cards I am looking for in the wants section.
Best Regards David

IanSammel

• German cards
Re: OGDENS - I was out bid
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 08:15:38 AM »
Tried to purchased these recently but went beyond my budget,
Sorry to hear you were outbid.  At least you have scans of them and I'm sure more will turn up later.

Variations:
There are lots of variations out there which are unrecorded, and some are difficult to spot.  For some you need a magnifying glass, such as a set of film star cards I have.  The backs appeared identical at first sight then I realised that two different prices were given for the album.  It was annoying because instead of one almost complete set I suddenly had two less than half complete sets.  Anyway it looks like you've found a few more Ogdens variations and now recorded them for posterity so well done on that.
I come from somewhere long ago...
and now there's no way back
Be Bop Deluxe

Mariner tony

Re: OGDENS - I was out bid
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 10:11:50 AM »
I dread to think what my collection would be like if bidding didn't gallop  'beyond my budget' on an almost daily basis! I am thus very familiar with that momentary pang of disappointment when I miss a desirable cartophilic treat.

Who's online

14 Guests, 0 Users