December 12, 2017, 02:57:40 AM

Click here if you
need magnetic signs for vans

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company or
video producers in Milton Keynes

Geoff Fowler - Artist

Author Topic: Help needed please  (Read 114 times)

Hamish21

Help needed please
« on: December 07, 2017, 06:39:49 AM »
Hello and thank you for allowing me to join your group , I am in the process of clearing my fathers estate and have come across this set of what I think are silk cigarette cards , I know nothing of them and have never seen them throughout my life , judging by the book they were in I think they may have originally come from my grandparents , ultimately if they have any value I will have to dispose of them to cover the costs of winding up things which are spiralling , can anyone suggest where I might go to value these and do they have any value , all help would be gratefully received I have attached ten of the packs but there are fifteen in total and am happy to post the rest if anyone is interested
Thanks for reading

bri.d

• britians .diecast. cigarette & brooke bond cards
Re: Help needed please
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 03:49:51 PM »
unfortunately if you take all the damaged ones out ie trimmed/frayed/stained. there's very little left only worth a few pounds sorry. 
always looking for unlisted. brooke bond cards. albums. order forms. canadian dinosaur reprints. spyfile cards

Hamish21

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 09:12:00 PM »
Thank you for letting me know , I think it best I send them to general auction and take whatever they make , there is also a large box of cigarette cards , mainly players but they are not immaculate either . , if anyone knows of anywhere please advise
Thank you Dave

Ogdenscards

• Collects all cards issued by Ogden's
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 01:20:14 PM »
Loddons or Tim Davidson are two auctions that do these type of auctions but probably best just placing them on eBay as a job lot.

Where are you I am near Preston.
Always looking for interesting cards and associated goods issued by Ogden's you can see samples of cards I am looking for in the wants section.
Best Regards David

Who's online

14 Guests, 0 Users