Click here if you
need magnetic signs for vans

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company or
video producers in Milton Keynes

Geoff Fowler - Artist

Privacy Policy

Author Topic: 101 cards to own before you die  (Read 69608 times)

Robin Friday

Cedric1812

• Birds, Early USA, Pokemon, UK Tobacco advertising
Re: 101 cards to own before you die
« Reply #166 on: August 03, 2014, 01:09:42 AM »
Awesome cards Dant and I've taken some time to look more at your Flickr page - very impressive and I shall check in more often!
Always interested in buying rare bird cards and general reference material (books, magazines etc.)

Heath

« Reply #167 on: August 03, 2014, 01:39:01 AM »
Nice cards Mark - I have about half of that set.

fossil

• natural history, scienced, museum studies
« Reply #168 on: August 07, 2014, 08:46:09 AM »
come on guys, it's the centenary of the great war, as they say, 'we need a million', so come and join up, lets get this project completed just 101 cards, this game has been going on for a long time, and still not completed.
lets make one last final 'push'for the last few cards so wolfie can complete his project and get it published.
as kitchener said'your country needs you', now i say 'this forum needs you'

PeterCS

« Reply #169 on: August 07, 2014, 11:24:58 AM »
I've done my bit for the Carderland - three inputs (see above) - and stopped at that because I didn't want to be greedy, pushy, dominant.

But since there's a war on to get it up to 101, here's another, which I recently posted elsewhere.

I nominate it because it has such rich multiple resonances:
  • Wills('s) - a classic issuer
  • The Great War remembered - "Old Bill" in the trenches
    • Bruce Bairnsfather's creation - the visual humour genius of the "Western front"
    • Chaplin - no, not him, but his too-little-recognised brother and Fred Karno star, here acting
      • Film (and theatre) celebrated - a groundbreaking early talkie: "The Better 'Ole" (1926)
      • 1928 - chronologically about the apogee of the cigarette card age

• Plus: it's a very nice card to look at.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 11:28:58 AM by PeterCS »

fossil

« Reply #170 on: August 07, 2014, 10:14:23 PM »
come on boys, we need a milion, one of the music hall catch phrases, for the young men enlist.
i have taken the kings (queens shilling), i have put in my three cards, get a move on no one that has 'enlisted'.
it won't be the vultures feathers this time, more like WHITE FEATHERS, if you have not posted yet, all it need s is 33 members to finish the job.
this is the centenary bof the great war, only 100 years ago, young men were enlisting all over the country, god help us if the great war happened a few days back, , no-one enlisting, just the real men to take part.
probably be a bootiful job for bernard mathews, would be able to supply the counrty with millions of white feathers.
whoever has not put in their three cards yet, join in now

PeterCS

« Reply #171 on: August 07, 2014, 11:20:10 PM »
Are you the ghost of Harry Champion, fossil?

fossil

« Reply #172 on: August 08, 2014, 11:43:51 AM »
come on wolfie, your a military man, and a football fan.
so far this discussion has had twenty six members that have so far contributed with their favourite three cards.
another five members and this will have reached its goal.
the east surrey regiment kicked a football across the somme battlefield on the first of july, to encourage the regiment get across.
this subject is flagging a bit, lets get it going, twenty six members all now up for a gallantry award.
your the officer in charge of this, we need you up front to get it going again.
appreciate that some members have put in more than the required three cards, but the initial request for each member to put in three cards each.
only thirty three members were needed to complete this task, still another seven needed .
so get on wolfie, start rallying the troops and get this task finished
on this 100th anniversary, the task was completed against all odds, now one hundred years on, lets get this task finished

PeterCS

« Reply #173 on: August 08, 2014, 01:27:28 PM »

up the cherries!

• Up the cherries!
  • Modern trade, Real Photographic, BAT
« Reply #174 on: June 18, 2015, 05:59:24 PM »
Well, it has been 10 months since anyone added anything new on here, and I'm not even sure if the thread is still running, but I thought I would add a recent card that I have acquired. I bought a sealed box of MARVEL 75 YEARS by Rittenhouse. Each box came with a unique hand-drawn sketch card, and this is mine. It is Storm, from the X-Men superhero team.

wolfie

• Military Silks, Military, SciFi Trade.
« Reply #175 on: June 18, 2015, 08:37:09 PM »
Yes the thread is still running though due to my big boys PC being dead for a long time I haven't updated, sorry folks me bad.

So howay let's have another push nd get this thread moving long again. Let's try this I would like to see a gerry anderson card(s) on here so for the next few days anyone with a appropriate card stick it on.

Captain Pugwash

• Anything to do with A&BC Gum
« Reply #176 on: June 19, 2015, 07:42:59 AM »
Hi Wolfie

On hols at the moment (near Mark in the valleys)
I will post something on my return.

wolfie

• Military Silks, Military, SciFi Trade.
« Reply #177 on: June 19, 2015, 09:05:47 PM »
Good man captain, will do a complete update this weekend.

Captain Pugwash

• Anything to do with A&BC Gum
« Reply #178 on: June 29, 2015, 03:59:21 PM »

As promised some Gerry Anderson.

magpiemick

• newcastle united related stuff
« Reply #179 on: July 22, 2015, 08:06:45 AM »
Well not read this topic for a while so best make another addition GEO Bassett Football Action1977 No 45 Newcastle United V Ipswich Town featuring my boyhood hero the one and only Supermac I think the Barratt- Bassett-Trebor cards issued with their candy sticks did a lot to fill the gap between the demise off ABC going on to Topps in the  70.s whilst Barratt had always continuously produced a set of footballers every year the change of name to Geo Bassett kept the tradition going when the late 70,s and early 80.s were the period the sticker craze really came to the fore and Panini took the strangle hold on football issues mainly available in that time And if your a football card collector then having a set of the football candy stick cards is really a must 

Who's online

27 Guests, 0 Users