November 26, 2014, 02:39:13 AM

Click here if you
need magnetic signs for vans

Author Topic: Found them! Barratts Sweet Cig. cards  (Read 554 times)

TheHoarder

Found them! Barratts Sweet Cig. cards
« on: August 09, 2013, 04:15:01 PM »

It seems I have 50 of the set of 60, so I'm wondering now at what point I decided not to bother with getting them all, as I collected everyone one of those 50 - 20 a day boy at the time!  :-[ I think it may have been when I decided to pack them up, because I remember needing help and so started sticking the sherbet patches on my arm.  ;D

They are grubby with round corners (from being carried around in the pocket of short grey flannel trousers, along with conkers and various bits of detritus) and from "riding the range" through thicket and scrubland  :) , but I wouldn't part with them for anything OR want to now complete the set as each card is a memory of my childhood.

I'm posting the No.1 and the No. 60, because I do remember that once you had those two you would think you were well on the way to getting the full set.
"Cor, he's got number 1 and 60!!"

Mark Edwards

Re: Found them! Barratts Sweet Cig. cards
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 10:42:19 AM »
well done Horder and many thanks for taking the time and making the effort to scan the cards .
50 outta 60 ain't bad going even though it lead to childhood trauma of sherbert patch dependancy clinic syndrome but we all get over such matters when young ....I'm not sure  could handle a sherbert dab nowadays but I could handle 20 sweet tabs a day easily .

I pity your pocket conkers with all that rough scrubland treatment .

TheHoarder

Re: Found them! Barratts Sweet Cig. cards
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 11:48:51 AM »
well done Horder and many thanks for taking the time and making the effort to scan the cards .
50 outta 60 ain't bad going even though it lead to childhood trauma of sherbert patch dependancy clinic syndrome but we all get over such matters when young ....I'm not sure  could handle a sherbert dab nowadays but I could handle 20 sweet tabs a day easily .

I pity your pocket conkers with all that rough scrubland treatment .

We were tough hombres in those days, 'cos we always had The Lone Ranger and Hopalong Cassidy on our side as we fought them pesky Injuns!  :)

Happy days, "galloping" across "the range" until our Mums called us in........ :-[
Mind you, it was for jelly and custard!  :D

Who's online

12 Guests, 0 Users